Become a Certified Career Professional
If you are a career practitioner interested in becoming a trained, certified career professional, this class is for you.
Successful completion of the approved class Facilitating Career Development class qualifies you to apply for certification as a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) or a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF). These credentials are a few internationally recognized credentials for people interested in providing career facilitation and advising.
Trainer: Mark Danaher
Participation: 10 weeks ( 9 live classes via Zoom and Moodle in between)
Contact Hours: 120 contact hours (NCDA and CCE approved course)
Course Fee: $1275.00 (includes student manual)
College Credits Available: 3 graduate or undergraduate course credits are available for an additional $375
Note: Approved by VSAC for the Vermont Non-Degree Grants
Why Learn with Mark?
Mark has been working in the career field for 28 years as a career counselor, coach, educator, and trainer in the K-12 setting, higher education, and private coaching and training practice. Mark makes sure that the work you do in the class relates to your environment and can integrate into your work.
NCDA contracted Mark to develop the online version of the FCD course, and he continually looks for ways to use the latest technology and resources.
Do You Have a Group Interested in Training?
Mark is open and always looking forward to working with an organization or school to run an FCD course or training. If you have at least ten people who would like this course delivered at a time and location that would work for you, please contact me.
All requests for refunds must be received in writing. Email is preferred.
Requests more than six weeks before class begin, 100% refund* except credit cards. For Credit Card purchases only. Minus the PayPal fee of 3 percent.
If Mark cancels the class, a full refund will be granted.
A cancellation made with less than six weeks of the course start date receives a refund of 50% of the total cost of the class.
Once class begins, no refunds. The class beginning is defined as the day we begin the online portion of the FCD class.
Additional Class Information
By the end of the Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Certification Course, participants will show proficiency in the 12 FCD Competencies established by the National Career Development Association:
- Helping Skills – Participants will be proficient in the basic career facilitating process, including productive interpersonal relationships.
- Labor Market Information and Resources – Participants will understand labor market and occupational information and trends. They will know and be able to use and access current resources.
- Assessment – Participants will comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate ones to the population served.
- Diverse Populations – Participants will recognize the special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
- Ethical and Legal Issues – Participants will read and follow the CDF code of ethics and know current legislative requirements.
- Career Development Models – Participants will understand career development theories, models and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age and ethnic background.
- Employability Skills – Participants will know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
- Training Clients and Peers – Participants will prepare and develop materials for training programs and demonstrations.
- Program Management/Implementation – Participants will understand career development programs and their implementation and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
- Promotion and Public Relations – Participants will know how to market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
- Technology – Participants will comprehend and use career development computer applications.
- Consultation – Participants will accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants and supervisors.
FCD Course Starting Every September, January, and May each year!
Or Anytime Your Organization needs the training
FCD CLASS: January 17, 2022, to March 27, 2022
COST: $1275.00. FCD Student Manual is included. College credit is an additional fee ($375.00)
FACE-TO-FACE DATES: Jan 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 22, Mar 1, 8, 15
FCD CLASS: May 9, 2022, to July 17, 2022
COST: $13000.00. FCD Student Manual is included. College credit is an additional fee ($375.00)
FACE-TO-FACE DATES: May 10, 17, 24, June 7, 14, 21, July 5, 12, 19
Why is FCD important?
As an FCD participant, you will receive training in each of the 12 career competencies. Whether you are at home on the computer or in the classroom, the training includes hands-on and interactive teaching methods and opportunities to interact with colleagues from various work settings. Each FCD group explores the curriculum and forms its support group to draw on after completing the class. Since the course content covers 12 career competencies, there is plenty of opportunities to build skills and knowledge in new areas and improve and develop those that you use every day in your work.
You’ll develop the skills to meet Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) and Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) credentialing requirements for jobs in many different sectors. And you’ll be more attractive to prospective employers because they know you have met national standards and have developed a clearly defined scope of practice. To find out more on how the GCDF and CCSP certifications can help you, visit the NCDA website.
Past FCD participants often comment that they use what they learned on their jobs every day and that it is helpful to have a built-in network of other FCDs to keep in touch with after their class.
Who The CDF Training Course Is For
- Career Services Staff
- Adult Education departments
- Department of Labor Career Centers
- Special Education Transition Specialists
- Academic Advising (professional staff & faculty)
- High School School-to-Career programs
- School Counselors
- Private Life and Career Coaches
- Corporate Human Resources departments
- College Career Centers
- Career Preparation programs
- Workforce Development agencies
- Welfare-to-Work programs
- Military outplacement programs
- Anyone who provides career services/information to others…You!
The 120-hour class meets over ten weeks to prepare you for success in the growing field of career development. This course combines face-to-face video training with e-learning to give you the skills you need to work in any career development setting.
You’ll spend nine online Zoom classes at night interacting with your instructor and peers. The remainder of the class is a combination of engaging online learning, discussions, and fieldwork.
FCD Course Starting Every September, January, and May each year!
Other courses are created when there at least ten people interested and requested by a school, organization or corporation.
FCD Instructor Course
The instructor course can be one to one or one to many. It can be for one individual or an organization looking to develop a group of instructors.