FCD Instructor Course Training
- Would you like to learn from an experienced and expert Master Trainer ?
- Are you open to learning from a cutting edge course using Moodle and Zoom conferencing ?
- Do you want to expand your network of professionals in the career arena ?
- Would you like to build your toolbox of knowledge, activities and resources for career development ?
If you answered Yes, then Mark is the Master Trainer for you!
This 2-3 day, in-person, NCDA-approved course prepares you to become an FCD Instructor (FCDI) and eLearning FCD Instructor. The cost is $1950.00.
Training Can Be Done Virtually using Zoom!!
FCD Instructor training provides classroom instruction for those career development professionals who wish to teach the 120-hour Career Development Facilitator course using the NCDA curriculum. You will be approved to teach the FCD course with successful completion and have the opportunity to join the NCDA Instructor Registry for marketing and professional recognition. The FCD Instructor training (FCDI) provides curriculum, networking, and guidance that will prepare you to teach the FCD program to others, so that they may acquire the knowledge and skills to qualify for international certification as a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) through National Career Development Association or as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) through The Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc (CCE).
About Instructor Training
FCD Instructor’s provide a valuable service helping others who work in career development:
- Gain skills and knowledge that can be applied immediately on the job
- Gain recognition in the field of career development
- Increase professional opportunities
- Obtain eligibility for global certification
- Network with regional career development practitioners
- Learn in a contextual learning environment.
FCD Instructors have an extensive background in all of the FCD competencies including:
- Career development
- Career assessment
- Occupational information
- Job retention
- Career counseling
- Worked, Taught, or Trained adults in settings such as K-12 education, community college, university, one-stop career center, career service agency or business and industry.
How It Works
The FCD Instructor training with eLearning Certification is a 2-3 day course or done via Zoom over multiple sessions. During the workshop, you will be assigned to teach one or more of the 12 CDF Competencies to your peers. Feedback will come from your peers as well as from me. Students are given constructive feedback on their teaching and presentation skills to assist in their growth in becoming CDF Instructors.
People will be considered qualified for this training if they possess:
- Career development expertise,
- Teaching or training experience, and
- A commitment to teach the FCD curriculum.
An FCDI application must be completed. Acceptance or rejection notices will be mailed or emailed one week after applications are reviewed.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and describe the 12 competencies on which the FCD training program is based.
- Identify content in each chapter of the FCD curriculum.
- Identify how and where each of the 12 competencies is taught and evaluated in the curriculum.
- Respond correctly to questions about the ethics and scope of practice of FCDs.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of, and your ability to teach, the helping skills component of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate competence in your training skills by presenting a 30-minute portion of the FCD curriculum.
- Evaluate FCD students’ competence in helping and training skills in order to provide a valid recommendation to the National Career Development Association (NCDA), which awards FCD certificates.
- Describe ways in which the FCD curriculum can be modified and expanded by an instructor.
- Describe correctly e-learning and blended (hybrid) curriculum and the process to become an e-learning instructor.
- Describe the FCD scope of practice as it relates to assessment, both formal and informal.
- Describe the requirements and process developed by the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE), for those who want to obtain a credential as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF).
- Describe the requirements and process developed by the National Career Development Association (NCDA), for those who want to obtain a credential as a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP).
- Develop a plan to promote and deliver a FCD course.
- Describe correctly the FCD Instructor and Program Registry administered by NCDA.
Opportunities & Benefits
The demand for certified career professionals is increasing every day. One-Stop Centers, High School Counseling Offices, Corporate Career Development Programs, Non-Profit Centers, Humans Resource Personnel, Special Education Transition Coordinators, Job Training, and Vocational Rehabilitation Programs require career development professionals with current knowledge and skills.
Become a registered FCD Instructor working to enhance career development by training others for national certification as an FCD Instructor
- Recognition as a Nationally Registered Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Instructor
- Professional development opportunity to increase your career knowledge and skills
- Instruction from a certified Master Trainer who models various learning techniques
- Networking with career development professionals committed to: excellence, lifelong learning, and the field of career development
- National Career Development Association
- National Employment Counseling Association
- National Association of Workforce Development Professionals
- National Board of Certified Counselors, Inc.
- The Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc.
- America’s Career Resource Network
Who Will Conduct This Training
The trainer will be Mark Danaher who has been a career development practitioner, trainer, and is an FCD Master Trainer. He has worked with the FCD curriculum and the concepts every day as a school and career counselor. Currently, Mark is working at Fairfield Warde High School in Connecticut. Mark has worked with many schools, colleges and organizations around the United States and other countries in career development skills and knowledge. Mark was contracted by NCDA to develop the elearning aspects of the FCD course and applications. He has been involved in redesigning and updating the Master Trainer’s training that leads to teaching and certifying new FCD Instructors and ultimately FCDs.
Course materials include the FCD curriculum and the instructor’s manual for conducting your own FCD class. You will also receive from me additional materials, video links, tricks and tips to engage your students. I will share websites to get free resources for your course along with my best practices. Peers will be asked to share their best practices to help build everyone’s toolkit.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NCDA verifying that you have completed the FCDI training and are able to conduct your own FCD Trainings.
FCD Instructor Course
The instructor course can be one to one or one to many. It can be for one individual or an organization looking to develop a group of instructors.